How to replace the hull support / water bottle holder on a Riot / BorealDesign thermoformed ABS kayak
Here are the necessary things to replace a broken support / bottle holder on a thermoformed ABS kayak.
Materials and Tools:
- a sharp utility knife
- small prybar
- sand paper
- glue - we suggest a high quality plastic/metal adhesive which can be ordered from Amazon.
- Remove old broken support / water bottle holder - carefully cutting and prying it loose
- Use sand paper to smooth and remove any of the residual glue on the hull
- Use sand paper to smooth the bottom of the support / water bottle holder
- Apply the ABS glue on the bottom of the support / water bottle holder around the edge and middle and install in place.
- Use tape to fasten both end of the support / water bottle holder so it stays in place while glue hardens.